The Hound initial reaction post:
MAJOR SPOILERS for Sherlock Season 2 episode 2
Lots of feelings about this ep.
Will watch it again for a more detailed follow-up but initial reactions/thoughts below:
- 10 minutes in and so many good John!faces
- 30 minutes in - cheekbones line from John about Sherlock's cheekbones! No, they're not gay at all. Note to self: I need to get the exact line.
- Love seeing John showing his soldier side
- Sherlock's reactions about 40 minutes in
- John calling Sherlock "Spock" and Sherlock not having to ask who Spock is - Fanon: John totally made Sherlock watch Star Trek :). The question is, TOS or the reboot?
- Friend line from Sherlock - sob sob sob
- Is Sherlock playing John or not?
- Swingers or voyeurs? Seriously?
- The therapist is totally John's type and Sherlock knows this
- Live-in PA - best description of John, Y/N?
- Amazing shots of Sherlock on the moor
- Violet shirt of sex makes an appearance
- Friends - AAAWWW
- Mystrade is totally canon!
- Asperger's line - hmmm
- Mind Palace - I've read this in a SG1 fic, I think
- Thank God for Lestrade
- Sherlock has totally experimented on John before, John didn't react as negatively as I thought he would if this was the first time. I've read this in fanfic!
- Got to see a man about a dog! --> I've read this in fanfic!
- WTF is with that last scene???
Watching this again later!
MAJOR SPOILERS still :)
Watched it the second time with my friend. Initial reactions here. Additional comments below:
- Forgot about the harpoon - Why is Sherlock covered in blood still sexy?
- Manic!Sherlock going through nicotine withdrawal was funny and John's faces were the best :)
- Sherlock's the one driving - compare this with the movie where Watson is the one usually driving
- John and Sherlock being mistaken for lovers AND the bartender and his chef boyfriend
- John picking up on Sherlock's cues - they've done this before
- Did Franklin fake the paw prints or did Fletcher do it?
- "Mycroft's name literally opens doors"
- What makes John stay with Sherlock despite everything (being experimented on? getting insulted? etc)? My friend says it's because John is comfortable with his situation. What I think about this requires loads of fic :)
- John getting cockblocked by Franklin.
- Was Franklin playing with Henry (in Henry's house) or was that still the aftereffects of the drug?
- Sherlock is really bad at apologizing (I think I've read this in a fic :D)
- Sherlock doesn't know Lestrade's first name but John does
- I thought John should have realized that there was something in the coffee
- Lestrade looks good in casual clothes
- Martin Freeman in that scene in the lab was amazing!
- Bluebell! I want to see a glow-in-dark rabbit
- Mind Palace - I like the concept but I would have preferred it if they showed him navigating a palace/library/maze/something instead of what they showed
- There were certain instances that Sherlock looked like a robot or a conductor during the mind palace scene
- I thought Henry's therapist was in cahoots with Franklin
- Idon't like how they portrayed the hound in the end. Was the point to make it look CGI'd?
- John was the only one who hit the dog - John is a marksman
- Not good? I love that they keep on using this.
- Sherlock doesn't understand sentiment
I want lots of werewolf fic after this episode :).