Who is the hockey equivalent of Lionel Messi?
"For me it is Crosby and Datsyuk. I only see Datsyuk as an opponent. But I can say a lot about Crosby because we are together at practices, I see him in the locker room, I see how he works very hard, how he is dedicated to hockey. And all of his victories, all of his awards came to him through the sweat and very hard work. He is very talented, but the way he works on himself — I don't think I have seen anyone who lives hockey like he does."
From a recent interview with Geno. The English translation is here. Check it out as he gives Bryz advice, talks about beer, the Conn Smythe watch and several other topics.
Originally posted here
Towards the end, Ebs says that Hallsy's going to join him and his family for Christmas. One of Ebs's family traditions is wearing the same Christmas pajamas. I really want pics/video/fic of Hallsy staying with Ebs and both of them wearing the same kind of pajamas!
ACTA in a Nutshell –
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources -
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden wherein he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA: Letter 1 | Letter 2 | Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here: Response
- Watch a short informative video on ACTA: ACTA Video
- Watch a lulzy video on ACTA: Lulzy Video
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.Via Tumblr
The Hound initial reaction post:
MAJOR SPOILERS for Sherlock Season 2 episode 2
Lots of feelings about this ep.
Will watch it again for a more detailed follow-up but initial reactions/thoughts below:
- 10 minutes in and so many good John!faces
- 30 minutes in - cheekbones line from John about Sherlock's cheekbones! No, they're not gay at all. Note to self: I need to get the exact line.
- Love seeing John showing his soldier side
- Sherlock's reactions about 40 minutes in
- John calling Sherlock "Spock" and Sherlock not having to ask who Spock is - Fanon: John totally made Sherlock watch Star Trek :). The question is, TOS or the reboot?
- Friend line from Sherlock - sob sob sob
- Is Sherlock playing John or not?
- Swingers or voyeurs? Seriously?
- The therapist is totally John's type and Sherlock knows this
- Live-in PA - best description of John, Y/N?
- Amazing shots of Sherlock on the moor
- Violet shirt of sex makes an appearance
- Friends - AAAWWW
- Mystrade is totally canon!
- Asperger's line - hmmm
- Mind Palace - I've read this in a SG1 fic, I think
- Thank God for Lestrade
- Sherlock has totally experimented on John before, John didn't react as negatively as I thought he would if this was the first time. I've read this in fanfic!
- Got to see a man about a dog! --> I've read this in fanfic!
- WTF is with that last scene???
Watching this again later!
MAJOR SPOILERS still :)
Watched it the second time with my friend. Initial reactions here. Additional comments below:
- Forgot about the harpoon - Why is Sherlock covered in blood still sexy?
- Manic!Sherlock going through nicotine withdrawal was funny and John's faces were the best :)
- Sherlock's the one driving - compare this with the movie where Watson is the one usually driving
- John and Sherlock being mistaken for lovers AND the bartender and his chef boyfriend
- John picking up on Sherlock's cues - they've done this before
- Did Franklin fake the paw prints or did Fletcher do it?
- "Mycroft's name literally opens doors"
- What makes John stay with Sherlock despite everything (being experimented on? getting insulted? etc)? My friend says it's because John is comfortable with his situation. What I think about this requires loads of fic :)
- John getting cockblocked by Franklin.
- Was Franklin playing with Henry (in Henry's house) or was that still the aftereffects of the drug?
- Sherlock is really bad at apologizing (I think I've read this in a fic :D)
- Sherlock doesn't know Lestrade's first name but John does
- I thought John should have realized that there was something in the coffee
- Lestrade looks good in casual clothes
- Martin Freeman in that scene in the lab was amazing!
- Bluebell! I want to see a glow-in-dark rabbit
- Mind Palace - I like the concept but I would have preferred it if they showed him navigating a palace/library/maze/something instead of what they showed
- There were certain instances that Sherlock looked like a robot or a conductor during the mind palace scene
- I thought Henry's therapist was in cahoots with Franklin
- Idon't like how they portrayed the hound in the end. Was the point to make it look CGI'd?
- John was the only one who hit the dog - John is a marksman
- Not good? I love that they keep on using this.
- Sherlock doesn't understand sentiment
I want lots of werewolf fic after this episode :).
- Holmes and Watson, of course - “Are you happy?”
- Mycroft and Carruthers (the butler)
- Moriarty and Moran
I wish I had started watching The Sing-off season 3 earlier as I would have added this to my Yuletide nominations and requests.
Started watching The Sing-Off not because of them though, but because of the YellowJackets from the University of Rochester. They did a remake of Taylor Swift's video You Belong To Me but since they're an all-male group, instead of girl wants boy, it became boy wants boy and it's glorious! Will do another post about that.
But going back to the Aires, these are my favorites:
1. This is pre-Sing-off. According to the description on the video: The Dartmouth Aires sing "All the Above" by Maino ft. T-Pain at Winter Whingding 2010. Soloists are Michael "Nemo" Odokara-Okigbo and Henry "Tyco" Luehrman.
Please see my previous Yuletide letter here for more information about some of my general likes and dislikes.
Do Começo ao Fim | From Beginning to End (2009)
Before Supernatural and Numb3rs, incest was one of my squicks. But, fanfic has a way of changing your mind. So when I heard there would be a mainstream (though not American or British) movie with incest as the theme, I became very interested. I saw the stills from the movie as well as the trailer before it was released. I wanted to see how they would tackle the thorny issue on incest. The movie didn't quite deliver on that but I loved the first part (with Thomás and Francisco's childhood). As an escapist movie, this works as it has a happy ending. As someone who generally wants films that are realistic though, this didn't work. However, don't feel pressured to make a fic that deals with the issues inherent in an incestuous relationship. A happy, escapist fic would also be fine with me.
Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros | The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros (2005)
I would prefer to read future fic. Do Maxi and Victor end up together despite what Victor did? If they do, how are they able to deal with it? If not, is Maxi happy (I hope the answer is yes :))? Is Victor? While watching the first part of the movie, I thought Maxi and Victor would end up together in the future but Victor's actions made it impossible for me to think that their relationship would end up happily. If you're able to figure out how to do this, I will love you forever :). But, this isn't required and I'd be happy however the story takes you. Reading even one fic set in this movie would make me ecstatic :).
Though I prefer future-fic, if that doesn't inspire you, please don't fret :). I'll also be happy with a fic set before the movie (why are Maxi's relatives fine with him the way he is given that Pinoy men in their situation are usually macho and homophobic?) or set during the movie (more scenes with Maxi interacting with the other characters would also be nice).
I don't generally watch Pinoy movies as they aren't really my type. But I made it a point to watch this when it aired as it tackled homosexuality in a non-exploitative way. I had issues with the writing (there were certain areas that could have used a heavier red pen) and the way it was shot, but I did enjoy the story and the acting, especially by the actor who played Maxi, was really good. If you haven't seen this yet, I hope you try to watch it even if you're writing fic for the other two movies instead.
Wiki page here and IMDB page here.
Rag Tag (2006)
Any rating from G to NC-17 is fine.
Wiki page here and IMDB page here.
I'll try to add more to this as time permits. I don't think any of these are available online for free but they are available through various sources :).
Thank you again, dear yuletide writer, for picking one of my fandoms. I hope you enjoy Yuletide :).